Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cafe Curtains

Last night, I stitched up some cafe curtains for my eat-in kitchen.  I needed a little something to dress up the window and tie the red accents together.  As you all know, I love poppy red and aqua as a color combo.  Its cheery. Its inviting. And best of all, it isn't too serious.



Curtain material is by Amy Butler.

The print on the right is wrapping paper (4 bucks) from Paper Source.

Hook over my sink is from Pier 1 Imports - like a hundred years ago.

Vintage tablecloth I picked up at a thrift store in Oregon.

The side of my fridge.

11 comments:

Giulia said...

Lovely. You've inspired me to finally set up the old sewing machine a friend gave me. Have the manual, finally, & will clear off the table & get to it.

Thanks for the peek (I love the red w/turquoise as well.)

Cheers & thanks.

A House and Home said...

I love those curtains, that color combo and your adorable little boy.

Marie said...

Hello Sarah - I love your eat-in kitchen...it's so retro with modern touches here and there. You did a great job sewing your new cafe curtains. The colors are perfect.
-marie

maria said...

I love it all, especially cute baby picture on fridge ** maria

elissa @ faucethead said...

i love your blue chairs and your curtains are the perfect addition.

ps. last day to enter our giveaway! http://www.faucethead.com/blog/?p=1208/

Katie said...

I love everything you have going here. Such a cheery, inviting space!

Brandi@ Flights of Whimsy said...

This is super cute! Perfect look for the kitchen for sure!

Fabulously French said...

They look gorgeous.

Leeann x

Tobe @ Two Tall Blondes said...

loooooove that tablecloth. i have the same amy butler fabric in yellow on my dining room chairs!(and by dining room, i mean lofty kitchen)

love what you've done (i mean, naturally)!

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

SOOOOO great! I love red and turquoise...and you're so right, maybe because it isn't too serious. I never thought about that! Those chairs are FAB! And I'm such a huge Amy Butler fan...those curtains are awesome! LOVE!!!

24 Corners said...

Love the cafe curtains...I"ve been toying withthe idea of them myself. Your kitchen is so cheery...especially with the addition of Charlie's image!
J~