Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sarah Saw Something

Time for another weekly installment of Sarah Saw Something, where I share little bits and bobs that I found interesting in the blogosphere this week. Enjoy!


 
This article in the NY Times about American Rustic tickled my fancy.




 This DIY post over at Abode Love made me happy.





My Dad, the troubadour of Gardenstown, has started a blog of his own about Scotland, the writing life, poetry and his silly German Shepherd.  He lives in Gardenstown, a small fishing village on the North Sea of Scotland and has been posting amazing photos of his Caledonian home (pictured below).  My Dad is a guitarist and song and script writer (currently creating scripts and content for the BBC) and uses the blog to try out new writing ideas.  I know that many of you are Scotland-o-philes, so mosey over and say "hi".  Click HERE for his blog and HERE for his Flickr stream.





This week marked the passing of not only Elizabeth Taylor, but also of Pulitzer Prize winning playwright, Lanford Wilson




Thank you to Door Sixteen who reminded me this week to Blame it On the Boogie

5 comments:

anita said...

Blame it on the Boogie!!!!!
thank you.

(and i'll be sure to check out your dad's blog. how cool.)

under spanish moss said...

Going to check out your dad's blog. Great post. So glad to discover your blog.

making today great,
Renee and Angela

Unknown said...

I love that your dad started a blog! And ps, your weekly somethings are always so interesting- I truly look forward to this every week!

Susannah said...

These are great!

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

I love nr. 3