Friday, March 25, 2011

Go Play Outside

I've spent the last four days in my back yard, sprucing up the patio and planting little green things.  I've been sweeping away the winter debris and watching my kid play in the dirt and marvel at all the little shoots and sprouts that seem, to him, magically sprung from the earth.  He carves away at the soil and exclaims, "Mom!  A slippery snake!"  I run over to see him handling a severed earth worm.  "Oops," he says, "I think it got bit in half."  Spring is here and its time to play outside.  What do you have planned for your back yard?

source

source

Chris Court

source

source

source


source

10 comments:

anita said...

I want to jump into that last photo and stay there.
Forever.

Appletree said...

those are great. I want to go to the gypsy party

Akissfromthepast said...

Fantastic <3

white collar | green soul said...

the second last is wonderful. i love the colours.

- agata.

La Boheme said...

To be outside and enjoying the nice weather....aaaah I am so ready! My parents in Czech have the best garden and I can't wait to visit in summer. Happy Friday! xo

Gabriela Delgado said...

All yards are wonderful and inspiring.
I live in an apartment, so I can not enjoy that privilege.
I can only see through my window, green areas and overlooking the lake.

Happy weekend

Unknown said...

Love, love, LOVE that last photo. That looks heavenly. :)

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

love these spaces. reminds me of a tent we made in the back yard of our old house. it was some old paitning drop sheets over the top of the sand pit. thank goodness for timber fences and staple guns : )

it was magical.

Brandi@ Flights of Whimsy said...

I've been planting a lot lately too! I hope to put in a stone pathway and powerwash he deck this spring as well! Hasn't it been so nice out!

Creations and Inspirations said...

Loved every photo! I want to through an Indian inspired party how fun!! Check me out if you like my blog Follow me I always Follow back :)