Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Inner Harmony

I don't know about you, but when my outer life becomes chaotic my inner life tends to follow suit. I'm ramping up to some pretty big events - I'm the chair for an auction for a local nonprofit (a month away) and I'm also organizing a national conference in Denver set for mid-October. So when my schedule starts to get tight and my time is less and less my own, I have to consciously calm my inner life. I have to be super mindful about how I'm treating myself and my children and my spouse. I ran across this quote from Anne Morrow Lindbergh in my journal this week. I think it bears repeating here.




So, my little bit of Grace this weekend was snuggling with my dog and my Charlie. 
It was a good way to translate my inner harmony to outward harmony.



2 comments:

Taste of France said...

"Gifts From the Sea" was one of my mom's favorite books. I have her copy, heavily notated.
Things get busy, and it's often good. But we need to stay anchored to what is real, important, true.
Good for you. That photo is precious.

Connie said...

I love how you live your life.