Monday, April 13, 2015

Radical Homemaking | Spring Homestead


It's Monday! Time for our weekly installment of Radical Homemaking. Interested in learning more about what that means, check out THIS post and THIS post. 


Spring is here. The seedlings have pushed through the soil and large hungry leaves are unfurling everywhere. The chickens are in a regular laying cycle now and I've already had to whack back an influx of ivy from the alleyway - all signs that spring is well underway. 

This weekend, my family was able to spend a whole day outside enjoying the weather while waving away the first crop of mosquitoes. I'm still waiting on a grafted Jersey Black apple tree from Seed Saver's Exchange. But other than that, most of my spring veggies are in the ground. Next week I'll plant a round of giant sunflowers against the back fence. We'll love seeing the huge yellow flowers appear and the chickens will enjoy the seeds. 

Have you been able to get outside and enjoy the beginning of spring? 
Or is it still winter in your neck of the woods?









P.S.
This week, Houzz.com ran a story about my recycled chicken coop.
Check it out HERE and see all of the photos!

No comments: