Monday, February 23, 2015

Labradoodle Puppy Love

This Christmas, our family was gifted with a puppy - a puppy that will eventually train as a therapy dog for my son, Charlie. I'm allergic to dogs, so this dog is a very special non-allergenic breed that does not shed. He's an Australian Labradoodle and will grow to be a mid-size dog around 30-35 pounds. He was born in Oregon on January, 20th and he'll be joining our family this spring, sometime mid-April. Dear readers, meet our future family dog. We're thinking "Griffin" for a name, but are still deciding. Any suggestions? This photo was taken this week at 4 weeks old.





And here is Griffin (second from the left) with his brothers and sisters at 2 weeks old. 



6 comments:

Connie said...

Patch. Because of his mark. Maybe Dash.

Notes From ABroad said...

I had a Standard Poodle for 12 years and I really didn't like the idea of people mixing them with other breeds.
These days, I can see the appeal and while I still think you shouldn't mess with a good breed .. they are definitely nice dogs.
But just buying a poodle would have given you the same great smart dog.

All puppies, like babies, are precious and cute and adorable to me. I want them all. I imagine choosing your little puppy must have been fun .
The color is wonderful .. which might be a good name source, Coco .. although if it is a boy, maybe not :)
I like Patch too.. Connie thought of a good one !
I named my brown Standard Poodle Tate .. because the Tate Museum is one of my favorites :)
Congratulations on the new puppy ..

Notes From ABroad said...

Honey ! he is the color of honey. I am from the South, Honey is an endearment regardless of sex. :)

Cindi said...

Oh my Gosh, I am melting so cute is he! I think Griffin is a wonderful name for him but Patch as suggested is cute and a little funny too :)

/Cindi

www.cherriesandsunflowers.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I have a friend who is a puppy raiser for assistance dogs here in AZ. Our organization is called PowerPaws. Are you planning to work with a group like this one? It takes a great deal of dedication and firmness to raise a good assistance dog. I look forward to you sharing more about this part of the experience. Charlie is in a great family!

Emily said...

He is soon cute! I like the name Griffin, but it is also a very popular boys' name these days. I really like Patch too!