Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Holiday Scramble

Tomorrow, I leave with my kids for my mother's farm in Eastern Oregon. Today, I am a packing, cleaning, clutter-busting machine. And tonight, I will attend my son's very first ever play. He has been cast in the role of Elf #4. So my plan to have everything done before my departure is slowly crashing to the ground. As I clean up around my house, though, I'm finding wonderful little bits of holiday cheer that remind me of the reason for the season: family, togetherness, and hope. I'm signing off for the week, but I will be back to the blog on Tuesday. In the meantime, be well and enjoy these last days before Christmas!



My son thought the manger scene needed a new character.




3 comments:

Betsy said...

Definitely a new Wise Man from the East!! fun!

Rachel Anderson said...

Hilarious!!! Ruby is convinced all movies have a Christmas version... "Mom, can we watch Christmas ninja turtles? Mom, Can we watch Christmas Legos? etc.." I'm like, here's a glue stick. Go make an ornament. :)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful holiday, Sarah.