Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Backyard Chickens | 5-Week Old Chicks

As most of you know, my family and I are embarking on a little backyard chicken project. Our future egg-layers are five weeks old and just about ready to head outside. We're a week away from installing their permanent coop, which will be done just in time, because these girls are growing fast!

Every one goes through that awkward puberty stage, and chickens are no different. Half fluff, half feathers, skinny neck, insane eyes - they're quite a sight to behold. But goodness, we couldn't love them any more! So far, I have thoroughly enjoyed these baby girls. Plus, they are hilarious. Sometimes I just sit and watch their antics in the brooder. I call it "Chicken TV".


In the front: Aretha. Left to right in the back: Etta, Mavis and Gladys.


Aretha and Gladys


Aretha

Mavis

No comments: