Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Journal Habit

The past two mornings, I was up early and out the door for understudy rehearsals at the Utah Shakespeare Festival. One of the many jobs of an actor is to cover the track of another actor in case of an emergency absence. So in addition to my roles, I am understudying Mrs. Jennings in "Sense and Sensibility" and Cinderella's Step Mother and Jack's Mother in "Into the Woods". All three of these roles carry a lot of music and text, so I've been a little preoccupied.

But today I'm back to the blog, back to my family and back to my own pursuits. One of my favorite things to do is write in my journal. I usually write daily but recently I've been neglectful. My plan today is to sit down with a cup of coffee and reacquaint myself with the blank page.

Do you keep a journal? 
How often do you write?
How does is serve you? 





Looking for a beautiful journal?
Check out THIS previous post about my favorite journals
from the Watermark Bindery.

Stuck? Writer's Block? Looking for content?
Check out THIS website that provides 365 days of one-word journal prompts

No comments: