Friday, December 21, 2012

DIY for Your Favorite Quote

A few months ago at a yard sale, I picked up a large frame with a faded piece of art.  The frame was gorgeous, but the artwork was beyond repair. I bought it for four dollars with the intention of painting over the canvas.  Since I'm still waffling over what to paint, I decided to write out my favorite quote (from poet Louise Bogan) and hang it in my office for a little daily inspiration. I'm sure I'll paint over it soon, but until then, this is a lovely incarnation.

Oh... I forgot to add...

The canvas is exposed and there is no glass over the top of the art.  I painted with an acrylic paint directly onto the existing artwork. I let it dry and hung it up. I didn't seal it or treat the canvas in any way before painting.


Hillary said...

So, do tell how you did this...painting it by hand on canvas? Paper? Glass?

Little Pieces of Light said...

That is such a gorgeous quotation!! Am going to note it down in my journal.



Splenderosa said...

Sarah, this is so you. Sending my best wishes for the happiest holiday season ever !!