Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Barn

Its been a beautiful week at my Mama's farm in Eastern Oregon.  It is truly one of my favorite places in the whole world.  I dream about moving here someday.  Last night was overcast and windy.  The skies threatened rain, but decided to spare us.  Instead, we were treated to a rainbow in the distance.  Here is a photo of the barn that lies on the southern side of my Mama's property.  Mom always says, "My barn is like the ocean.  I love looking at it, but I don't really want to go in."



Here is another shot of the main house.



Last night, my son and my brother were hanging out in the side yard.  
It was so picturesque, I had to grab a photo.


There are so many beautiful flowers in bloom right now.  
I love the purple Delphiniums below.


Tomorrow, we'll finish our week in Eastern Oregon with photos of the surrounding valley, local wildlife and the two communities of Richland and Halfway, Oregon.  Cheers!

2 comments:

anita said...

this post is like heaven on earth.
both your mom and your dad sure did pick fantastic places to live.
lucky you! (but i think you know that!)

Unknown said...

It is truly beautiful. Lucky You! XXX