Wednesday, April 19, 2017

2017 Home Tour

I think the best way to enjoy your favorite things is to only possess favorite things. If I don't LOVE something, I consider it a moral imperative to let it go. It's the only compassionate and sustainable thing to do.

Six months ago, I walked away from home ownership and downsized my life. My family of four and a dog moved out of a 2,500 square foot detached home with a full garden into a 1,000 square foot apartment. Now, I know that 1,000 square feet is still a lot of room. But for us, it was a huge shift. We also divested ourselves of 70% of our furniture and belongings.

And guess what? I don't miss a thing.

And to be clear, we're not minimalists. We're not part of the tiny house movement. We just want to preserve the resources we have and to enjoy more time together as a family. A smaller and more manageable household helps us to do that.

So here is the new and improved 2017 house tour. 
You can see my previous home tour HERE




















2 comments:

Connie said...

A most amazing space. Beautiful, relaxing, comfortable and obviously, full of love.

Betsy said...

I am always in awe of the way you take space, and the familiar possessions you love and re-imagine how they move together. So relaxing, light filled and colorful Can't wait to see it some one of these months (after summer)