Friday, June 17, 2016

Painting the Walls of my Studio

The studio space that I'm moving into is awesome. But the original brick had been poorly painted over with a pukey yellow color. So while I'd prefer the original brick, that's not possible. Instead, I'm covering the walls with Kilz, a fabulous primer and sealant that I frequently use when I want to create a mildew resistant space. Yesterday, I rolled out the first coat. Tomorrow, I'll attack the crumbling windows. Here are a few photos of my progress!




I also swept, vacuumed and mopped the floor in the shot below. The wood is really beautiful.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Yay!!!! Love the progress photos.

Unknown said...

Even with one coat, this already looks multiple times better than it did before. Using Kilz is also a great idea, as it helps to seal the surface, and as you said, prevent mildew. I absolutely love that floor - I think I'd just protect that with some good quality oil and then leave it alone, warts and all.