Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Gender Equity is Possible

Here's a crazy statistic: The 1908-1909 Broadway season saw 12.8% of plays written by women. Fast forward 104 years to the 2012-13 Broadway season, which saw only 10% of plays by female playwrights. LESS representation over a century - not more.

Many of you know that I'm the Creative Director for Statera Foundation, a nonprofit dedicated to gender equity in the theatre. Statera is working to change these dismal statistics. Today we launched a Kickstarter campaign to raise $10,000 for our upcoming conference on gender parity in Denver, Colorado. We're also raising money for our advocacy initiatives and programming.

Gender equity in the arts is possible. You can help by donating to our Kickstarter campaign and sharing on social media!‪ Check out the video below and please consider donating HERE.


1 comment:

Emily said...

I had no idea....I just pledged. I live in Denver, and I think you will be well received here. I love our theater district! Hope you are reaching out to some of the Colorado universities for support. We enjoy going to theater productions at the University of Denver. Prestigious school with some money!