Wednesday, April 27, 2016

In the Studio

For the last year or so, I've been casting around for a studio space solution that gets me out of my house. I have a lovely home studio that has served my purposes well, but there are some serious drawbacks.

I would like to find a place where I have my own private studio within a context of many studio spaces. I love being surrounded by other artists and the isolation of my home studio is sometimes lonely. I would also like to have a separate work address - having studio visits in my home can be somewhat awkward: "Don't mind the toys strewn all over the hallway - Whoops, are you okay? That was just a lego." The other thing I'd like to have in a studio is a space that allows me to hang and have open studio events. In my current situation, that's not possible.

I still haven't found the right place, but I have a few leads. Cross your fingers for me that something wonderful becomes available this summer. I'm ready to take my work to the next level and having a studio space, reserved just for the purpose of painting and showing my work, would be a huge step in the right direction.

via


Also, here two of three pieces I was commissioned to make for a local pediatric therapy clinic! The third piece will be completed sometime in the coming week or two! As always, you can see my work at www.sarahgreenman.com.

Lift Off   |   36" x 36" acrylic on canvas

Fly   |   36" x 36" acrylic on canvas

Installed in the clinic waiting room.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Gorgeous! Waiting to see the pediatrician will be much more fun with these to look at.

Whitney said...

Hey- I spend some time in that office! Nice to be able to look at your work while I'm there with my Charlie!

Betty said...

http://www.galleryatmidtown.com/