Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Alicia Vikander in 'The Danish Girl'

Last weekend, I had an opportunity to see Tom Hooper's The Danish Girl. The film is gorgeous and I think the performances are stellar. I wish the script dove a little deeper, but I can absolutely appreciate the intent of the author and director. The Danish Girl is an exquisitely crafted film - the stark Copenhagen apartment location, the Art Nouveau Parisian set decorating, costumes and era-specific details are astonishing to see on the big screen. Alicia Vikander, who plays Gerda Wegener, has the most incredible wardrobe. I think I'm ready to transition my entire closet to turn-of-the-century European attire. Take a look...














And here is the Paris apartment:


2 comments:

Connie said...

Can't wait to see it. Beautiful, beautiful....scenes, art and wardrobe.

Emily said...

On my list for sure!