Friday, June 13, 2014

A Straw Hat for Gardening

Last night I dreamt I was weeding in a beautiful potager garden. The soil was moist and dark, the plants strong and green. I had a little belt type apron with shears and a ball of string. As I weeded, I noticed stalks that needed staking. I'm not a dream interpreter, but perhaps I'm just missing my garden this summer. I have left my garden in the hands of capable friends, but I long to get my hands dirty. 

The best part of my dream was that I was wearing a fabulous straw gardening hat. It had a nice structure that kept the brim stiff and wide, but the straw was soft and gave way around my head. I don't have a gardening hat. My only real garden hat is too floppy to sufficiently protect my neck and shoulders from the Texas sun. I would, however, take any of the following garden hats.


via
via
via

via
via
via
via
via

via

2 comments:

Virginia Country House said...

Love straw hats for gardening! Thank you for the inspirational post. Happy weekend! xo, N.G.

hippyatheart said...

They are perfect for gardening, adds the boho vibe to ordinary things xx