Saturday, March 29, 2014

This Week in the Studio | Workshop Preparations

Hello friends and happy Saturday! This week, I've been preparing for my upcoming art workshop at the Bob Jones Nature Center in Southlake, Texas. I'll be teaching a lively afternoon class called Nature: Essence & Abstraction. If you live in the DFW area I would love to have you join me!




ABOUT the WORKSHOP:

In this fun and informative class, I will be your guide as we explore the gorgeous surroundings at the Bob Jones Nature Center. I'll share my process of distilling natural objects and landscapes into abstract art using short writing exercises, sketches and acrylic paint. As William Wordsworth wrote, "Come forth into the light of things and let nature be your teacher." Mostly, we're going to act like children, get curious about the beauty around us and then make art. Sounds like fun, right?

We'll spend the first portion of the class on a guided walking tour of the grounds seeking inspiration from the natural surroundings. On our walk you'll find something you wish to paint. In the second portion of the class, we'll have plenty of time to focus, paint and create your abstract art work. I'll have one-on-one time with each participant and at the end of the workshop, you'll walk away with new tools to access your inner creativity and a small abstract painting of your own creation. You can read all about the class and register HERE.


No comments: