Saturday, March 08, 2014

In the Studio | Planning for Squam

I'm a multi-disciplinary artist and sometimes my week in the studio involves more than just painting. I spend a lot of time placing print orders, shipping art, meeting commission clients, meeting my Houzz.com article deadlines, writing, editing photos for clients or planning for future art events and workshops. This week, I did a little bit of all of the above.

One of the things I'm most excited about this year is my return to the Squam Art Workshops in New Hampshire. I'll be attending again with my mama! This year I'll be taking two workshops: one art class from painter and personal growth artist Flora Bowley and the other, a textile class from upcycle seamstress extraordinaire Emily Falconbridge. I had a very hard time deciding which classes to take. Elizabeth, the founder of Squam Art Workshops, always packs the schedule with the most eclectic and marvelous presenters. I also really wanted to take Camile DiAngelis' class "Up and Writing" and Kellie Day's mixed media class.  But as my husband always says, "You can do anything you want. You just can't do everything you want."


Photo by Tara Morris

Photo by Emily Falconbridge

This week I also finalized by own art workshop here in the DFW area. I'll be teaching an art class at the Bob Jones Nature Center on April 12th! If you're in North Texas, please come join me! Learn more HERE. Have a beautiful weekend, dear readers!

1 comment:

Jack said...

Let me make an addendum to my statement quoted above: "You can do anything you want. You just can't do everything you want - at least, not at the same time!" Love you...