Saturday, February 15, 2014

This Week in the Studio | new work & postcards

I'm a bohemian at heart and nothing makes me happier than bartering. Doesn't it feel great when someone makes something for you in exchange for something you make? No money changes hands, just good will. I love it.

This week, I completed two 36x36 canvases for a filmmaker friend in exchange for her services and artistry behind the camera. She made few requests about the commission and only asked that they be bold and colorful. My client's playful nature, boundless curiosity and fun personality inspired these pieces, which are now hanging in her family room. When I delivered the artwork, her pre-school aged daughter asked me to marry her. I took it as a good sign.


Joy Theory - 36 x 36 acrylic on canvas

I Speak Whale - 36 x 36 acrylic on canvas


Here's a snapshot of the studio this week with in-process pieces sitting around.



also...

New in the Shop  ||  POSTCARDS

Starting this week, I have postcards available for purchase in sets of 10. There are two sizes and they are perfect for correspondence or for framing! "While You Were Sleeping" is the large print and "Leap" is the small print. Stay tuned because I'll be making more throughout the spring.


Large Postcards (Set of 10)  -  8.5" x 5.5"

Small Postcards (Set of 10)  -  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments: