Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Aurora Shoe Co.

New shoes! While I was at the Taproot Gathering at the Squam Art Workshops this September I met a woman wearing the most comfortable, buttery looking pair of leather Mary Janes I've ever seen. She told me they came from the Aurora Shoe Co. in upstate New York. Then, when I opened my Squam goodie bag, I discovered a coupon from the very same company. It was meant to be.

My new shoes arrived last week in the mail. I chose burgundy, although they also come in brown, olive, black and navy. I have to say, these might be the most comfortable things I've ever put on my feet. Any stiffness in the leather I felt in that first hour melted away as the leather conformed to my foot. I love them... and that's why I'm sharing them with you today. Christmas is coming, you know.







Here are the four styles they make: 

Middle English             |                 West Indian                  |                 Chinese                 |                New Mexican


And one more shot of my shoes just because they're my favorite...


No comments: