Thursday, October 03, 2013

Around the House

I've been home all week. Who was it that said, "There is nothing like staying home for real comfort"? Twain or Dickinson or maybe Jane Austin?  Well, whoever said it, they knew what they were talking about. I have loved staying home this week.

My kids have been in school for one month. September was the first month in seven years that I've had free hours in the morning all to myself. I painted. I met deadlines for Houzz. I wrote on my own projects as well. I made good food. I worked out. I went for a walk. And finally, after last week's stay-at-home vigil, I'm feeling like a whole person again. What a relief.


This week, when I felt my most content, I captured the moment with a photo. 
Here are some of those photos.














3 comments:

Wendy said...

I am so jealous! That does sound like the most recuperative way to spend a day, never mind a week. I don't have kids at home anymore, but I still find it hard to get enough quiet time alone. Glad you had a good week.

Rachel Anderson said...

Yay you!.. Me? One two year old down..one to go. ;) Looking forward to some life balance again!

Deanna said...

Jane Austen. :)