Thursday, March 14, 2013

Book Review: Nurturing the Soul of Your Family

This month, I've been reading Nurturing the Soul of Your Family by Renee Trudeau.  It's a wonderful book filled with all sorts of ideas and ways to simplify your life and focus on the things that really matter - namely personal interactions.

The reason I was drawn to this book is this: while I understand how to create meaningful interactions with my family, I rarely have the personal energy and grounded stamina to do it. I'm always tired and a little discombobulated, which means that I often opt for a shortcut. Unlike other "how to help your family" books, Renee has hit on self-care for parents as a major component of family happiness.

In her chapter "The Transformative Power of Self Care" Trudeau defines self-care as "the art of attuning and responding to you deepest needs and desires."  For me, a work-at-home-creative-entrepreneur-mama-of-two, this really resonated with me. Trudeau writes:

Self-care is the foundation for becoming a courageous parent. It's not about pampering; it's about owning your personal power. It's about self-worth and owning the person you are. I believe this is our spiritual birthright. 

So this week I'm trying to put her words into practice. I want to show myself the same love, gentle care and compassion I offer my little ones.





You can pick up your own copy of Trudeau's book HERE.  
Or you can read her blog HERE.

AND...

Don't forget to enter our current giveaway from Octavia Bloom!
Enter HERE to win a $50 gift card!

No comments: