Sunday, July 08, 2012

Spiced Plum Tart

This isn't a food blog, but these turned out so lovely, I thought I'd share. Today I got a big delivery of plums from my food co-op and turned them into a plum tart. It's my own recipe, dictated by what I had on hand.  And it was delicious!



Spiced Plum Tarts

2 roll out crusts (I used Pillsbury)

2.5 pounds of plums (diced)
3/4 cup sugar
3-4 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon Grand Marnier or Sherry
2 teaspoons orange zest
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cardamom
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt

1) Mix ingredients in bowl and divide in half.
2) In the center of each crust pile the mixture
and fold edges over to create a bowl (see photo above).
3) Brush crust with milk and sprinkle cinnamon sugar over top.
4) Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
5) Devour.

Makes two tarts, serves 8-12.



5 comments:

Betsy said...

Yummmm! Ah the secret ingredients of all good pastry - Grand Marnier and/or Sherry!! :-)

Barbara said...

Oh, my, that looks lovely! I adore plums - will have to try it!

Emily said...

Magazine worthy!

Lori said...

Mmm... thanks for sharing!

Flapperesque said...

This looks SO delicious!