Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring in a Jar

I planted twelve tiny Impatiens plants in my front yard yesterday.  I have a few little dark patches that don't get sun all year - perfect for these shade loving blooms.  The first time I saw our house, I immediately noticed a riot of hot pink and white Impatiens flanking each side of the walk up.  The previous owner obviously had a very green thumb.  I'm going to attempt an Impatiens reprise this year!  I'll take some photos when they grow a bit, but until then enjoy these beautiful spring arrangements:

source

source

source

source

source

source unknown to me

source

8 comments:

Betsy said...

Gorgeous way to enjoy spring flowers and not sneeze, thank you!

Shawna said...

Impatiens are very rewarding and you should find them easy to grow. Add some compost to the soil where you plant them and if the deer don't eat them they should be just fine.

Fancylook said...

Hello Sarah,

Lovely spring post!. I really love the orchid in the jar!.
Baci, Eva

Ann B. Kennedy said...

Beautiful!

Brandi@ Flights of Whimsy said...

I had a pink and an orange tulip pop up in my flower bed a week ago. I've lived here three years and never seen it before. Was a nice surprise! Unfortunately our previous owners had the opposite of a green thumb!

My Scandinavian Home said...

How beautiful! :)

My Scandinavian Home said...

How beautiful and inspiring.

Connie said...

These are so pretty & cheerful:) I just discovered your blog & I love it...your cool boho style and your sweet family. Greetings from California. Connie*