Thursday, February 16, 2012

Leaded Glass

I'm a sucker for leaded glass.  I first fell in love with leaded glass because of a Craftsman home my Mom rented on 16th Street in Paso Robles, CA.  Craftsman homes are famous for their decorative windows.  I always see salvaged leaded glass windows at consignment and antique stores.  I should stop passing them by and start bringing them home.  I'm not sure where I'd put it, but my house is calling out for a little leaded glass filigree.

source

source

source

source

souce

source

I also love to see leaded glass used indoors for cabinets, cupboards and interior doors.

source

source

Check out this sweet little window below.  I love when smaller windows are tucked away near the ceiling.  It acts like a piece of art hung high on the wall but also allows for good natural light, without the peeping tom aspect.

source

2 comments:

Connie said...

Oh I do love leaded glass...I'm a pretty big sucker for stained glass as well. Love that bathroom with the claw foot tub.

molly @thewaffler said...

You know, I love leaded glass as well but I never realized it until your post. Gorgeous pics!!!