Thursday, October 20, 2011

Emerald Green

My mother was born in May and always wears her birthstone - the emerald.  This is a color I closely associate with her.  Its more her essence rather than a color in her home or something she wears.  It's a soul color.  It's also the perfect color for the winter holidays.

source

source

source

source

source

source

source

source


Here's a photo of my mom wearing emerald at my wedding.
And the second photo is one of my flower girls in a green bow.

Jose Villa Photography

Jose Villa Photography




7 comments:

Fran said...

That is such a beautiful picture of you and your mum - I can see where you get your sense of style from x

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

Amazing color, so beautiful, that dress is mind blowing.

Notes From ABroad said...

Everyone in my family has blue eyes .. I am from English/Scottish ancestors ... my daughter was born in May and has green eyes :)
That is a wonderful photo, I am sure you treasure it !

Connie said...

Thank you my precious. I do love emerald. Do you remember losing my emerald posts when you wore them for show and tell?

Sarah Greenman said...

Wow mom... I lost your emerald post earrings? And what? You let me take them out for show and tell? I know its a little late, but I'm really sorry.

Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

I LOVE emerald green, but don't own any emeralds--hmm...I need to remedy that. Oh, and what a wonderful picture of your and your mom!

Home Decors said...

Emerald on white. Very perfect! Very beautiful!