Thursday, July 28, 2011

Be sure to wear a flower in your hair

My son, Walker, and I were on a walk in Seattle last week when we spotted a bank of white daisies and a bushel of lavender.  I was feeling particularly free and happy, so I picked a daisy and slipped it behind my ear.  Walker liked the look, so he requested a lavender sprig for his hair.  Walking along the residential streets in Capitol Hill, we felt like flower children for a moment.  It was wonderful.


source

source

source

source


source

source

source

7 comments:

Appletree said...

you miss him
sweet thoughts

Sarah Greenman said...

I do. I miss him terribly. He'll be back in my arms on August 9th, delivered safely by my mother. xo

Notes From ABroad said...

I hate missing my children, big hugs to you.
When I saw the title of this blog, I thought immediately of the song ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmyaDrAzq6o

Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

What a wonderful moment. I love wearing flowers in my hair too. Makes me feel so happy and free.

Brandi@ Flights of Whimsy said...

How lovely! I bet you had such a wonderful time. You have been little miss jet setter this summer!

offset printing said...

I so love these vintage shots. They are lovely and very natural. I love the braided hair with the flower crown. It is so enchanting. Yes to PROTECT THE WILD LOWERS.

Bee & Mason said...

what a lovely story. my sister and I still do this and we are grown women.
There is nothing like flowers in your hair to make you feel just a little boheme.