Friday, June 04, 2010

Through the looking glass


"Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror." -Kahlil Gibran



"A man has only one escape from his old self: to see a different
self in the mirror of some woman's eyes."
- Clare Boothe Luce



"Beauty is truth's smile when she beholds her own
face in a perfect mirror.
" -Rabindranath Tagore



"Behavior is the mirror in which everyone shows their image. "
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe



"Poetry is a mirror which makes beautiful that which is distorted.
"
-Percy Bysshe Shelley



"The art of a people is a true mirror to their minds. "
-Jawaharlal Nehru



"The only service a friend can really render is to keep up
your courage by holding up to you a mirror in which you
can see a noble image of yourself."
-George Bernard Shaw



"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the
candle or the mirror that reflects it.
" -Edith Wharton


Big or small, circles or squares - Oh, how I love an accent mirror.


6 comments:

a perfect gray said...

absolutely beautiful piece!

appleTree said...

well done. can you tell me the source of the photo with the fainting couch and the shiny white floors? love it.

Sarah Greenman said...

I wish I could. I have no idea where I found that photo. If any of you readers know the source of the fainting couch photo, please let us know! xo

the paris apartment said...

Hi Sarah, these images are gorgeous! I'm flattered to be among them! I don't mind you using my image but you please link back to the original photo on my blog with credit please and thank you so much. (It's the last photo with the yellow vase).

Sarah Greenman said...

Done! Thank you for the heads up. You know how much I adore "The Paris Apartment" blog!

Heidi said...

I see that you have a mirror addiction as do I. Heidi