Sunday, May 16, 2010

Music Room

I grew up in a house with musicians. My father always had no less than four guitars hanging on the wall, all of which he used. There was always a piano and an assortment of interesting and in-tune instruments to pick up and pluck at. My grandmother was a piano teacher, among other things, so my first lesson was at the age of four. Between my husband and I, we have a piano, a harp, a drum kit and a guitar. Incorporating these instruments into my home has always been necessary, sometimes challenging and always a pleasure. The photos below show how others have made room for music in their homes:







...and here is my little Celtic harp in the corner of my office:


4 comments:

AppleTree said...

good topic!

A Perfect Gray said...

wonderful...so glad you did this post. I enjoyed seeing your instruments in the office you featured recently...

diana murphy said...

A dream of a post. Lucky you to have grown up immersed in music and its trappings.

Unknown said...

I love musical instruments incorporated into decor, especially if one actually uses them!