Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pretty little arrangements

When I'm in a funk, when I look around my house and think, "I need to change something", or when I just need a little pick me up, I rectify my situation with a very simple remedy. I choose a tiny corner of my home and I make a vignette. (Ha! Spell check just tried to make 'vignette' into 'vinaigrette'. Don't get me wrong, I like a good salad dressing as much as the next woman, but I'm referring to a vignette - a short impressionistic scene or picture.) Anyhooties, I choose a table top or neglected corner and make a pleasing arrangement. See? Simple. Funk, gone.







10 comments:

C.J. said...

love your vigniagrettes...

AppleTree said...

mmm yummy

A Perfect Gray said...

lovely post, gal. you are SO RIGHT. that's my kind of mood lifter...

Wendy said...

Thank you, that was just what I needed this morning. Company's coming tomorrow and I want to do some rearranging in the living room. This will work nicely as inspiration!

( everyeskimo ) said...

and what did spell check think of "anyhooties?"
(you made me giggle.)

DREAMER'S DEN said...

love these! you have many talents! :)

FabulousTerrah said...

*Drool* that chair needs to be in my office. Indeed. :)

shari @ little blue deer said...

Love little vignettes, LOVE them! Great little collection you've got here!

shari @ little blue deer said...

Oh, I tagged you in my post yesterday, thanks again for the award! So sweet!

Charlotta Ward said...

Ooooo..am loving the pic with the vintage map behind the Hydrangeas!

xCharlotta