Friday, April 16, 2010

Fuzzy photos of our guest room...

I love our guest room. Its filled with a mish-mash of furniture and textiles I've collected over the past few years. My brother and his girlfriend are coming to stay with us next week and I'm so excited to finally have a finished room where they can land and be comfortable! Details: the wall color is called "Environmental" from Behr paints. The bed and coverlet are IKEA. And I stole Claudia's idea of hanging art with a wooden pant hanger. The painting was done by my toddler!

9 comments:

AppleTree said...

oh so pretty! I really do love to see blogger's own homes on their blogs.

claudia said...

I love the little piece of furniture in wood with the circles on it. And the room is sssoooo pretty :)

Brandi@ Flights of Whimsy said...

this is very cute! I love the little table next to the chair. Lovely!

Connie said...

Looks so inviting. They're not gonna want to leave. You make such a lovely, and loving home.

Unknown said...

They will love staying there! And I have not seen the hanger as an art hanger, very cool idea! I love the idea of hanging up pretty clothes for decoration, love this idea, too!

Have a fabulous day, and if you haven't had a chance yet, pop by and check out my Catherine Deneuve giveaway! XO!

ashlina {the decorista} said...

very very cute. i LOVE the wall color.

MFAMB said...

no see that green wall warms it up and all the wood too.
not offensive.
good job!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful room very peaceful.

Steve said...

The quilt on the ladder is a unique way to display your quilt. I did the same thing in my office. Your room is very appealing & relaxing.
Steve Nabity CEO AccuQuilt