Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lavender, purple, eggplant and more.

Like most people in the process of designing a new home, I am constantly collecting gorgeous photos that speak to me. If I love it, I grab it for future reference. I don't judge it or mull it over or wonder "where in the world would I do something like this?" Even if I know that the photo has no bearing on my lifestyle or my family home - if it catches my eye and makes me feel all gooey inside, then it goes in the dream folder. Then, when I go back and look at them, I notice certain patterns emerge. This week, I noticed that I am really gravitating towards purples. This is something I would not have known if I hadn't been collecting and ferreting photos. So, maybe I need some dusky lavender accents to go in that gray-brown living room I'm fixing up?


Check out this lavender ceiling! Love it!

7 comments:

Abbie/TheGreenWife said...

Lovely!

MFAMB said...

love the last one. i also love the idea of a lavender ceiling in an otherwise all white room with light wood floors.

eric @ MyFirstGarage.com said...

I think you might just be tired of winter, and looking forward to some spring color!

Sarah Greenman said...

I think you might be right, Eric. I'm ready to bust out.

AppleTree said...

lavender on the ceiling? who would think of that? and why does it look so good?

anita said...

YES YES YES!
and I LOVE that lavender ceiling!

Anonymous said...

I love purple.. I never really liked lavender but the pics looks great..