Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bloomsbury

Just a peek inside Virginia Woolf and sister, Vanessa Bell's beautiful house which was home to the famous Bloomsbury Group. Together Vanessa and Virginia created this totally unique and magical home as a place for rest, renewal, artistic endeavours, discussion, and inspiration. There isn't a corner of the home that Vanessa left unpainted. She hand painted everything that would stand still. I'd love to go someday and see it all in person. A trip to England, anyone?





Here is a painting of Virginia at Bloomsbury House by her sister Vanessa Bell.

4 comments:

The Blasphemous Fiendess said...

Let me know when you are going and I will go too.

AppleTree said...

Is it now a museum? So much I never learned about in college, I enjoyed the wiki article, thanks for the link,

Sarah Greenman said...

The house is now run by a trust foundation and is open for visits and planned events. So, yes, it is run like a museum.

James XVI said...

I want to go! Lovely, thanks for sharing this!!