Saturday, September 19, 2009

Farm Kitchen - for Jackie

Reader request! Here you go, Jackie. Have fun designing and decorating your new kitchen. You asked for farm kitchens with green accents and coloring. I hope you find this round of photos inspiring and helpful.

I'm a sucker for farmhouse kitchens. I love the ease and simplicity of these country inspired spaces. One of my favorite places in the world is my Mom's kitchen at her farm in Oregon. It is the bright center of her home. It's also where we stay up past midnight, chatting over Tanqueray and tonic. But late night drinking aside... It seems to me that a farmhouse kitchen has three essential ingredients: a central table, a big basin farm sink and open cabinetry or a hutch.


Just for fun, check out this fabulous farmhouse at Junk Garden Girl. Its delightful!

No comments: