Thursday, March 03, 2016

On The Road

I haven't been alone on a big road trip in ages. I just finished a two-day car trip from Dallas, TX to Paso Robles, CA. Such a luxurious gift of time on the road allows for quiet, uninterrupted thought. There's something serene about watching the landscape slowly morph from border to border. It allows time for singing to favorite albums, day dreaming and crying when the mood strikes. It felt good to let the many miles of asphalt roll under my wheels while I watched the road and simply listened to my own breathing. I'm documenting my time on Instagram and thought I'd share a few snap shots here on the blog.


My co-pilot, Ganesha, hanging from the rearview mirror.

Amarillo, TX

Somewhere in West Texas

Gallup, NM

Santa Rosa, NM

Kingman, AZ

California State Border

California wild flowers

The Mojave Desert

Barstow, CA

Bakersfield, CA

Paso Robles, CA

3 comments:

Connie said...

I feel like I just made the drive. Lovely.

Rebecca said...

I don't "do" Instagram, but you make it very tempting!
What incredible photos.....
You are an amazingly talented person.
Seriously.
Find rest and restoration for body, mind, and spirit during the month of March.
John 4:14

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful series of photos! Thanks for letting us come along for the ride, and most importantly, I hope you enjoy the journey and get all you need from it.