Tuesday, May 27, 2014

This week I'm listening to...

Tori Amos just released her fourteenth album, Unrepentant Geraldines. Tori has been playing in my tape deck and then in my CD player and then in my MP3 since her 1991 breakout album Little Earthquakes. I have dutifully purchased everything she's ever produced. Sometimes I'm delighted beyond words (Under the Pink, From the Choirgirl Hotel, Scarlett's Walk, The Beekeeper) and sometimes the album is played a few times and then recedes into the background (Strange Little Girls, American Doll Posse).

Tori is now fifty years old and her latest offering, Unrepentant Geraldines, is a stunning and beautiful reflection on aging, America, power and that ever constant Tori theme: inner worlds. The album, top to bottom, is gorgeous. You can take a listen to her first single from the album HERE. It's entitled "Trouble's Lament". I'll be listening to it all week and for as many weeks as my family will tolerate.




No comments: