Monday, October 21, 2013

Glass House | Nick Olsen & Lilah Horwitz

I keep coming back to this story I read on Yahoo last week. Maybe I'm struck by the couple themselves or maybe it's what they've made. Or maybe I just love the idea of saying yes to inspirational whims. Whatever the draw, I thought I'd share it here with you.

Milwaukee based artists Nick Olsen and Lilah Horwitz built a cabin in the mountains of West Virginia. They quit their jobs in the city, rented a U-haul and began collecting materials for their endeavor. The structure they created is entirely hand-made and cost the couple 500 dollars to build. The crowning feature of is a wall of reclaimed windows.












Here is a short film by Matt Glass about the couple's glass house:

3 comments:

Rachel Anderson said...

SO COOL!!!

Betsy said...

Country Roads - what a fascinating story and creative, low key folks.

Mother B said...

Happened on this video...you two could live in any time or age and still have this point of view. I loved this.....