Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Apple Pie

During my holiday at my mother's farm in Eastern Oregon, Rob and Linda (organic orchardists from Eagle Creek Orchard) brought us two crates of late harvest apples. Forgive me for not remembering the variety. All I remember is the sweet taste.

I happily processed all of the apples with my Mom's hand-crank apple peeler and made two apple pies and multiple quarts of applesauce for my son, Charlie. It was such a pleasure to take beautiful whole organic fruit and create comfort food for my family. Thank you Rob and Linda for the Christmas bounty!

If you'd like to take a peek at their farm house in Eastern Oregon, check out my Houzz article HERE. Rob and Linda are tree whisperers and they've done incredible work on their orchard.









Also - don't forget to enter our Radical Homemakers giveaway!
Click HERE to enter to win 3 books by homesteader and author Shannon Hayes.


Enter HERE!

1 comment:

Julia said...


En arribar a aquest dia, no puc deixar de pensar en la infantesa, aquells moments plens de màgia, que tots hem viscut en la nostra infància

Feliç Dia de Reis ♕ ♕ ♕

✿•*¨`*•. (¯`v´¯) (¯`v´¯) .•*¨`*•✿
. . . ✿•*¨`*•.¸(¯`v´¯)¸.•´*¨`*•✿ . . .
……...…♥ •.¸.•´♥……………
Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com (^‿^)✿ petons