Friday, December 12, 2014

DIY Flour Sack Roll



This year, I've been making a handful of gifts for family and friends. Nothing spectacular, mind you, just some upcycled materials re-fashioned into something useful. One of my favorite projects is a brush or crayon roll. It can be filled with markers, pencils, paint brushes, make-up brushes, knitting needles, crochet hooks, screw drivers, or silverware!

This year, I've been using vintage flour sacks to make my brush rolls. The nubby texture is beautiful. I tie my rolls with ribbon or hemp twine. I don't have a pattern, although there are lots available. Instead, I free-hand the rows of stitches on the sewing machine.





What hand made goodies are you making and baking this year for the holidays?

1 comment:

HayleySarah said...

That is pretty cool. Well done you :) http://www.mumswearlipstick.blogspot.com.au/