Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Studio Tour | Misty Spencer

I'm not usually an envious person. Sure, there are things I see out in the world and think, "Wouldn't it be nice". But usually I can simply admire and move on. Then last week, I met designer and entrepreneur, Misty Spencer, at her home in Fort Worth, Texas for a Houzz.com photo shoot. (See my full Houzz tour HERE.) And oh my, oh my, the envy kicked in big time. Spencer's home studio is a dream. 

Misty, who recently launched Objects Living out of her home, believes that good looks can come at any price. She says, “You don’t have to have money to create a beautiful design. Design isn’t about brand names; it’s about having things around you that make you happy.”

One need look no farther than Spencer's own studio to see that she speaks the truth. Black walls, layered rugs, vintage pieces, books galore, pink accents, bling-y bits of gold - it's a gorgeous mix. The best part about working from home? Spencer's adorable four-year-old daughter, Stella, can get be mama's design assistant! Take a look... 




















Make sure you head over to Houzz.com to see the full tour of 
Misty's amazing Fort Worth Craftsman Bungalow. 



Find Misty elsewhere...




2 comments:

Rachel Anderson said...

Gorgeous! I need a studio SO BAD. Although I think these images are remarkably similar to what you have. I think a coat of black paint on your bookshelves and a few rugs would pretty much do it! R

Shavonda@AHomeFullOfColor said...

OMG this space is amazing! The moody walls, the art, the furniture! Such a dream. Thanks so much for sharing.