Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Austin to Las Vegas

I've finally landed home in Dallas! Now its time to share photos from my trip to Austin for the SXSW Film Festival. I had a marvelous two days filled with fabulous people watching, down home food and time with my darling friend, Lucy. Lucy was in town from New York doing press for two of her films featured at the festival. It was such a pleasure seeing her and supporting her beautiful work. It was also nice to skip the long lines and join the cast for the preview of her film, "The Mend". Thanks Lu for a weekend I won't soon forget!





After my quick trip to Austin, I headed to Las Vegas for the much anticipated wedding of my friend, Mallory and her lovely groom, Craig. I have to preface this by saying I'm not a big Vegas fan. I don't gamble or enjoy the sick sweet smell of smoke and alcohol. But four days away gave me time to celebrate my dear friends and do some much needed writing! So all in all, it was a great get away.



After my love / hate time on the strip, I was ready to say goodbye and return home.
But first, one quick look at the Chihuly installation in the lobby of the Belagio.

3 comments:

Connie said...

You need to paint a self portrait, and use that last shot of you. Such a cool photo.
Glad you had a good time and some time to yourself.

Rachel Anderson said...

Love you sportin' that necklace all over America. Nice work. ;) love R

Sarah Greenman said...

Oh yeah girl, I wear your jewelry everywhere! (I have four necklaces and counting!)