Friday, February 19, 2010

Walker's Room

My son's new room is finally done! We've been making the transition from crib to "big boy bed" and we're all very happy with the results. As you can see, most of the furniture was obtained at IKEA - they really are wonderful for kid stuff. But we've also added our own hand made touches and bits of fun: a recycled Texas license plate on the book shelf, a wooden airplane mobile, a patchwork quilt I stitched up for my kiddo when he was a baby, etc. Walker is also pleased. Sometimes he stops, breathes it all in and says, "What a beautiful room." Can't beat that!

The paint color in his room is a gray-blue called "Zen" by Behr Paints.

4 comments:

Jacki said...

That's very nice!! I really like it! That paint color is perfect...not pool blue like a lot of boys' rooms.

Well done!

Mary said...

What a lucky kid. The room looks great!

HowtoBEaCOOLoldLady said...

a cool room and a MASSIVE room! wish we had rooms that size in our house!!

Sarah Greenman said...

Yeah, there are a few large bedrooms in our place - its a Texas ranch style home and we really lucked out. I've never had bedrooms this big in all my life. My son's room is the largest at 13x16.